21 Jun What is DPM?
You Don’t Have to Walk Far to Find a Good Podiatrist
Finding a Quality Podiatrist
When you’re looking for a podiatrist, how do you know you’ve found the right one?
According to Consumer Reports, when you’re considering any healthcare provider you should look for:
- office policies and staff that you’re comfortable with
- a clean license with no disciplinary actions
- affiliation with a good hospital
- years of experience performing certain procedures
- use of medical technology and electronic records
Aside from the doctor’s knowledge and experience, other studies have found that patients most value communication and compassion.
In “The Art of Medicine,” the research company Nuance surveyed patients in three countries–Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States–and found that patients listed two things they considered most important from their doctors:
- 73 percent said they wanted time for discussion
- 66 percent said they expected specific recommendations delivered verbally
The Nuance study also found that the majority of patients like to see new technology and are comfortable with its use in medicine.
Another survey conducted by the University of Chicago and the Associated Press found that 59 percent of Americans valued a personal relationship with their doctor.
The Shuman Practice Difference
If you’re looking for a quality podiatrist, you’ve come to the right place.
Dr. Joanna Shuman is invested in her patient’s wellbeing and in the health of her community. She was born and raised in Northern Virginia and returned here after completing medical school to open her own practice. Since then she has provided top-quality professional foot care to thousands of patients.
In Dr. Shuman’s bright, comfortable office you’ll find a practice that is:
- focused on personalized, attentive care
- a doctor and staff who take the time you need to understand your diagnosis and treatment options
- professional foot care that uses the latest medical technology
- the most up-to-date treatment methods
- electronic record-keeping
- a healthcare approach that treats you as a whole person
Dr. Shuman believes that happy feet are the key to a healthy life, and that nothing should stop you from dancing, running or walking with all the joy you deserve.
Some of the things Dr. Shuman treats on a daily basis include:
- Fungal nail
- Ingrown nail
- Foot problems requiring orthotics
- Sports injuries
- Pediatric foot problems
- Tendonitis and Achilles’ heel
- Diabetic foot issues
That’s just a small sample. Dr. Shuman has the experience, skill and compassion that make her the right choice if you’re looking for a podiatrist in Northern Virginia. Call our office today and discover how our foot care expertise can keep you in tip-top shape from heel to toe.
About: Dr Shuman provides podiatry services in Sterling, Ashburn, Lansdowne and Leesburg Va. Shuman Podiatry offers: custom orthotics, diabetic foot care, heel pain and spurs, wart removal and more. Contact Dr Shuman today for all your foot care needs.